10 x 10
Las Condes, Santiago, CHILE
Architects: Nicolás del Rio – Max Núñez
Associate Architect: Felipe Camus
Location: Las Condes, Santiago, Chile
Finished: December 2010
Clients: Patrick Kiblisky, Isabella Hauyon
Structural Engineer: Mauricio Ahumada
Landscape Architect: Teodoro Fernández
Lighting Designer: Douglas Leonard
Technical Inspection: Alfonso Bravo
Building Contractor: Constructora El Pangue
Built Surface: 700 m²
Materials: Concrete, steel
Photographs: Erieta Attali
This house is located in a suburb of Santiago, in the foothills of the Andes mountains, at 880 meters above sea level. The site has 1500 m² with an orientation towards the northwest.
The project was thought out having three singular elements in mind: a central courtyard of 10x10 meters, a suspended bridge over it, and a generous entrance hall containing the main staircase.
Towards the outside the house should look severe and heavy, with controlled views to avoid the look of the neighbors and the noise from the streets.
On the inside, the different parts of the program are visually connected to shorten the physical distance between rooms, inducing friction between the inhabitants of the house.
In the courtyard 3 trees were planted. All the rooms are organized around this space, in two levels: common areas below, private rooms above.
The material chosen is cast concrete, inside and outside, with no difference in its finish to give coherence between the different spaces. Steel frames and thin columns with minimum sections contrast with the massive volumes of concrete.
Looking from the house towards the northeast you have a clear view of the Chapel of the Monasterio Benedictino de Las Condes.
This house was awarded BEST NEW PRIVATE HOUSE by Wallpaper Magazine's Design Awards 2013.